General Contractors in NC must complete Continuing Education to renew a license.
High Point Area Builders Association is offering two dates to assist GCs in meeting this requirement. Both days will include a full 8-hours of approved instruction including the 2-hour mandatory course and 6-hours of electives (2-hour and 4-hour courses). GCs may sign up for the full 8-hours or for any individual course(s).
- HBA Members (HPABA will honor membership in any HBA.)
- 8-hours = $150
- 4-hours = $75
- 2-hours = $37.50
- Non-HBA Members (Non-Members will receive a discount on membership if they join when registering.)
- 8-hours = $180
- 4-hours = $90
- 2-hours = $45
Dates (click on date to proceed to registration):
- Virtual Class — Tuesday, June 16, 2020 — THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL.
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
To download a paper registration form, click Registration Form for CE.
For Reference: Visit the NC Licensing Board for General Contractors @ www.nclbgc.org for full details about CE.
General Statute 87-10.2 states that North Carolina licensed general contractors will be required to complete continuing education (CE) beginning with 2021 license renewals.
- CE courses begin in May 2020.
- 8 hours of CE must be completed in order to renew a license by at least one qualifier for licensees in the license classifications of Building, Residential and Unclassified. For the Unclassified license, it shall be the qualifier who has passed the Building examination.
- The 8-hour course requirement includes a mandatory 2-hour course produced by the Board with information about changes in the laws and rules and other content applicable to general contracting.
- The remaining 6 hours will be elective courses produced by outside providers, submitted to and approved by the Board.
- The CE year begins January 1 and ends on November 30 annually.
- Classes will not be offered during the month of December.